Arthur Bay.
The kids don't mind the cold water.
After checking out the reef in Arthur Bay, we hiked over to Florence. This is the view of Arthur from the point between the two bays.
Florence Bay. Everyone but me is in the water together in these pictures. Big boat, isn't it?
And here is Florence from above.
We all wanted to snorkel so we had to plunge in. I found the water quite chilly, but it did get better the longer you were in. Evan got out with his teeth chattering. Arthur was cold and I cut my knee on the coral. Florence was odd, with currents of very warm or very cold water swirling around.
Evan
Amy
Emily
It is harder than you think to get good pics under water. Here are a couple of the coral, and a beautiful large fish that Stu and I saw in Florence Bay. Amy saw a zebra shark in Arthur, and Stu saw a large ray in Florence. Don't worry, zebra/lepoard sharks are harmless to humans!! With our luck, I expected a great white....
How fun! The pictures of the beach remind me of Crusoe. :)
ReplyDelete