This is the view of Castle Hill from Queens Garden.
And another view of the garden.
The weather is glorious, and the flowers are responding nicely.
On the way home we came upon another goanna on our hill. This one is much smaller, and was afraid of us.
On the beach near the house, the kids built sand castles and moats.
We wanted to watch the tide get this one, but it was too long to wait.
Looking back toward the condo.
Walking back home, we stopped for a photo-op.
We also took another walk to the top of our hill, back to the bower bird park. We saw him displaying his crest and hopping all around. On the way up we also saw another goanna peeking out of his burrow and these mating kookaburras.
As I was trying to get closer to the elusive birds, I spooked this guy!
I always thought there must be kangaroos on our hill, but we had never seen any until this.
After an hour or so of birdwatching and relaxing in the park, we said goodbye to the lovely view and headed back down the hill to cook Dad's dinner.
We will really miss this....
...but we can't wait to get home to all of you!!
I'm looking forward to your return, too! Not too much longer now... :)
ReplyDeleteYay! Can't wait for you guys to come home!!
ReplyDelete~Hannah A.